Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Things to consider when building a new home with Copper Creek Homes Vancouver WA




5 Things to consider in your

 New Home with 

Copper Creek Homes


So here’s the Top 5 Things to consider in the New House.

1. More Windows.
Copper Creek Homes is  a HUGE fan of natural light though. We love a super bright house. But there’s some spaces that could really use just a little more natural light.  During framing we will walk the home with you to determine if we should add any extra windows.
2. Laundry Tub.
Right now we have nothing in our laundry room but our washer and dryer, not even shelving or cabinets yet. But the one thing I yearn for is a laundry tub. Not for pre-treating stains or anything like that. Mostly just to have a place to wash out my paint brushes. As you know I love to paint: furniture, the walls, crafts… so a designated place to wash out my brushes would have been ideal. And my kitchen sink would thank me.
3. More Outlets in the Basement.
Right now we only have one outlet in the basement and it’s near our sump pump. Since I built abasement workshop for all of my tools, I have extension cords running across the floor (don’t worry, the tools aren’t plugged in all the time with the kiddo). But if I want to use the treadmill I have to unplug one extension cord for another and move things around. Hmm… now that I think about it this part of the problem doesn’t happen quite that often. Guess I need to hop on the treadmill more often.
basement work shop bench
4. Add Another Water Spigot. 
This wouldn’t be a huge deal except our sun room extends off the back of the house. This makes it nearly impossible to get our hose to stretch to cover the entire backyard. Eventually we will get a sprinkler system, but that’s so far down my list. I mean like not even on our radar right now. But maybe I could get more into gardening if I could actually water the plants? Eh, probably not.
5. Added an Extra Cabinet on that Weird Kitchen Wall.Yeah I know I keep harping on this but it would have been so much easier if I had the builder add a cabinet in this bare spot. Cabinets are so expensive and a pain to replace to redo down the road. Plus the countertop would have been extended to cover that area for barely any extra cost. I did add a $67 metal shelving unit for now, but this space is still haunting my dreams.
kitchen shelving unit
 So what are some things that we’re glad we cheaped out on?
1. Vinyl flooring. 
I get compliments all the time on them. And they’re super easy to clean.
2. Laminate countertops.Granite is quite expensive and laminate has tons of options these days.
3. Lighting. 
We can always upgrade as we go and I love finding deals (like our $100 Costco crystal chandelier or our kitchen pendants that are really foyer lights).

And things we’re happy we upgraded?
1. Three car garage.Tons of storage. Enough said.
2. Designer ceilings. 
You can’t really add a vault down the road so easily. Glad we did that to our sun room upfront.
3. Cabinets.
We didn’t spend a lot on upgrading the cabinets, but it made a huge difference. Glass fronts at thebutler’s pantry was $50 a door, quite a steal if you ask me. Extra drawers in the bathrooms provides tons of organization. And we upgraded to 42 inch tall kitchen cabinets with crown molding. Definitely a lot more storage there!

No comments:

Post a Comment